It’s time for Thursday Night Questions!!
Thursday is my night for television, I watch three straight hours of programming and am always left with a ton of questions. Valentine’s Day left me with some doozies!
First there was not enough Damon in this episode for me. Sorry, there just wasn’t enough of his snark.
Once you get through all the blah blah stuff you get to the juicy bits.
· There is only one dose of the cure.
o Seriously? One dose? Who doesn’t plan for the future?
o Which leads to who is going to get it. For sure if Damon &/or Stefan get it they are giving it to Elena. Rebekah wants it for herself. Vamp Hunter Vaughn wants to cram it down Silas’ throat to kill him for real. And a few people want to feed it to Klaus. Oh and I think Klaus wants to give it to
Tyler, but he also wants to kill him.
· Bonnie does her magic with a shirtless Jeremy and it is all gooey and flirtatious. Once her magic works there is a “cave in” of sorts that leads Professor Shane with a broken leg and nobody wants to help him. Nobody.
· Silas, for being a calcified dead dude has some magic of his own because he creates hallucinations for people. First Prof Shane with his dead wife then Bonnie’s Grams visits her. Jeremy, being that whip smart high school drop out he is, is on to it and brings her back.
· Once Jer & Bon stumble upon good old creepy Silas, they find the cure locked in his stony hands and can’t pry it loose. Vaughn comes in and totally stabs Bonnie and then he and Jer get into a fight and well Jer is losing that battle. But big sister to the rescue.
· Only it is not big sister Elena it is Katherine. Yes ladies and gents Katherine is back for the cure. But nobody knows why.
· She sacrifices Jeremy to Silas because the only way to wake Silas is to feed him blood and well Jeremy is fresh meat. Silas goes to town on Jeremy like he is a Golden Corral buffet. And then he eventually breaks his neck and leaves him lying pretty convincingly lifeless on the floor.
· Oh yeah, and Klaus is free and
Tyler is on the run.
So the questions are:
· What did Katherine do to Elena?
· Is Jeremy really dead? Was he wearing his ring?
· Will Bonnie be saved?
· Why does Katherine want the cure?
· What is Silas going to do with the Mystic Falls Vamps?
So that was jam packed hour one. Then we move on to a somewhat more subdued Grey’s Anatomy, where Derek & Company all quit in the end as they decide to buy Seattle Grace.
I have to say that I am really over the whole plane crash/settlement/hospital in jeopardy stuff. I miss the medical part of this medical drama.
I was left with only a few questions:
· When will this whole thing with the hospital end?
· Are we sure this isn’t the final season? It sure is playing out like it is.
· Can we just get Owen a mental health day? This poor guy is run ragged with all this crap.
Finally it was time for Scandal. And after last week’s culmination of
it was time for a new arc. And it starts off with a two-fer.
First I have to say that I think ABC is really pushing the adult content for this show. The show opens with Fitz in the shower only to be joined by Mellie who wants to make his day start off great and that is all I am going to say. I did feel for poor Cyrus who had to interrupt that with a pressing matter for the “President”.
Olivia is having an okay morning with a swim and then a stop at some corner coffee shop where she runs into Henry and they flirt a bit.
David Rosen is not having such a great day as he wakes up to a dead girl in his bed and cops at his door. Once he sends the popo on their way he calls the only person in town who can handle shit like this and Olivia and the Gladiators are off to rescue him.
Turns out that some covert CIA operatives were captured and are being held hostage in some foreign land that I didn’t quite get or can’t quite remember. In any event, Fitz is not happy and decides to handle this shit.
David agrees to let Olivia & Company clean up the shitstorm that hit his apartment while he was roofied out.
Quinn joins Team Cleanup with coach Huck and seems to excel at it. Is it just me or would they just make the cutest couple?
While Huck estimates they have two days before Wendy the slut is found, it turns out that she picked that day to have cable installed, so they have two hours!
It amazes me what they can get done in two hours. They id half naked photos of men (no faces, just body parts) and question them.
Olivia runs off to ask Henry errr Jake some questions because he is on Wendy’s phone tree. Then finds out that David has been arrested.
David makes a compelling argument to the guy who replaced him and is released. He heads off to Olivia’s to basically fire her after he accuses her of setting him up to rot in jail for
Defiance. She tells him he can’t afford her
Liv then heads off to meet up with Cyrus who is not having the best week ever as Fitz had a meeting with the head of the foreign land without him and is really giving him the cold shoulder. They have a back and forth on if there is something they need to discuss and well they apparently do, but decide they don’t.
So Cy has just a few minutes, but was gentlemanly enough to bring Liv a coffee. She asks him if he set David up for murder and while he likes the idea he did not do it. She drops the bomb on Cyrus that she is pretty damn sure Fitz knows about…you guessed it…
And then the light bulb comes on.
Back in hostage situation, Fitz wants to send in a SEAL team because they get shit done and Cyrus thinks they should wait, so Fitz acquiesces for all of about five minutes.
Turns out that James & Cyrus were able to decide on a name for their little baby, and little Ella is being christened and what nearly a year old. And guess who her godparents are? Yep, Fitz and Olivia. They have some sort of sexy stare down while everyone watches except the priest who is blessing the lovely child. Then after some thanking and champagne (because that is the classy way of doing a baby christening), Olivia sprints off with Fitz right behind her. Seriously was like the fastest walking race ever and it ended when Fitz pulled her into a computer control room (they don’t lock that kind of stuff up?) and once again the adult content was pushed to its near breaking point. Very skanky if you ask me.
Olivia drops the word
and it is in the open and well he says she betrayed him and blah blah blah.
Cyrus interrupts with news that the SEAL team is going in and they head off to
the war room to watch. (See Fitz decided to send in the SEAL team right before
the christening after Mellie told him to follow his gut). Turns out the
hostages are not there and they issue an abort and then one of the cabinet
members has the room cleared and drops the bomb on Fitz & Cyrus that there
is a mole and there is arc number one for the second half of season two.
Olivia head off to the office and gets a visit from David with Wendy’s flash drive and they discover that old Wendy has a lot of classified information she is not supposed to have, stuff nobody is supposed to have.
After Liv heads home and calls up Jake and they chat and make plans for a date of sorts. Jake has some sort of fat apartment and after making himself a cool beverage while on the phone with Liv, he heads to his big old couch and full wall of television screens all of which are tuned to one station…Olivia’s apartment. Imagine William Baldwin’s character in Sliver and you will get it. Jake is definitely not Henry. And that is arc number two for the second half of season two.
So the burning questions are:
· Who is Jake really?
· Does Fitz realize that if The Secret Circle hadn’t made
happen, he would not be president?
· Why hasn’t Fitz & Mellie named their kid? They just refer to him as The Baby. It’s been ten months!
· Am I the only person who made the connection that Fitz is a Republican and the actual winning candidate is/was a Democrat?
· Why doesn’t Olivia have a better lock/security system in her apartment?
· How unlucky can one person be Mr. Rosen?
· How long until this country has a Creeper Alert system similar to the Amber Alert system? Because Jake should be on all the reader boards.
So did you watch any of these three shows? Were you left with any burning questions? Hit the comments and maybe we can come up with some answers together or at least commiserate together.
Thanks for tuning in. Next episode I will be featuring