Friday, March 22, 2013

Grey’s Anatomy: Idle Hands – March 21, 2013




I was a little skeptical going into last night’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy. I thought it might be all whiny Meredith & power struggles amongst the new Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital owners.  The first few minutes seemed to almost cement my skepticism with the new fangled body scan and the constant reminders of how much it cost.

The good outweighed the annoying last night and I was pleasantly surprised with the episode. So let’s break it down…

The Good
·        Alex and the adorable cancer kid punking Chesty, who spent some time running around the hospital looking for a patient named Jenny Talia. Yes, I am over the age of fifteen, but I still found it hilarious.

·        Christina was back to her old self last night, trying to find a way to one up a former classmate and get on board Dr. Russell’s lotus valve project. And when she cut his funding so he HAD to put her on it, well that was the icing on the Christina cupcake.

·        April riding all the rides at the carnival. So much better than Jesus hating her.

·        My fears of it being a whiny Meredith episode was sort of spot on. My fears that I would loathe it, well they couldn’t be further from the truth. I loved Meredith and her extremely pessimistic doomsday outlook on her pregnancy. “If any one is going to have a two headed, eleven fingered baby, it’s going to be me.”

·        “See that, eleven fingers” “That’s not a finger”. Yep, McBaby is a boy!

The Annoying

·        Arizona & Callie. Ugh! Can they just please have the sex already so that we can move on and stop these uncomfortable sexual overtones? Really why would you share the sex with all of your partners?

·        Chesty getting all crude at the end of the episode. WTH Man? That was not cool, not cool at all.

·        The sad “goodbye” the teacher had to say to her students was gutting. It is so hard to find that one teacher that you love so much, but having to say goodbye to her, I wouldn’t have made it through.

·        Just use the damn thing already! Who gets a new body scanner and doesn’t test it out before putting a patient through it? I would have though there would have been test runs when it was set up.

·        And the counting? I get it’s cool, but that is a man with several broken bones and you people are acting like it is a new release of Harry Potter. Have some compassion!

·        Bailey. Dear Bailey, how I can barely stand you anymore. You are just so into you, you, you.

What did you think of Idle Hands? Hit the comments and let me know.

Follow Me:

Twitter: @ldypngn
Instagram: @ldypngn
Ravelry: LdyPngn
Email: ldypngn@gmail.com

Check out my other blog:

The Day After Tomorrow - my all about life blog

No comments:

Post a Comment